Are you an employer taking on an apprentices or trainee?
These top tips will help you through your recruitment process.
- Think of an apprenticeship/traineeship as a long-term investment, not a short-term solution.
- Think of your apprentice/trainee as an employee and give them important tasks to get stuck in to.
- When interviewing potential candidates, think about the type of person you need to fit into the company and ask relevant questions to find out if they are suitable.
- Choose an apprenticeship/traineeship program that best suits your needs.
- Always remember that apprenticeships and traineeships are a learning process and your new employee will improve along the way, so be supportive and have a mentoring system in place.