Apprenticeships and traineeships give you the opportunity to combine work and training while undertaking a nationally recognised course.
Training is available to anyone aged 15 years and over, in more than 500 occupations across a range of different industries.
Call MAS National on 1300 627 628 or chat live to find out more.
- An award or training wage paid under a training contract signed by you and your employer
- Registration of your training contract with the state training authority
- A structured training program leading to a nationally recognised qualification
- Financial support through Australian and state government incentives for those eligible
- Get paid to work and study at the same time.
- Receive a nationally recognised qualification after you successfully finish your apprenticeship or traineeship.
- Gain practical work experience and get a head start in a new career.
- Update your skills in an area you already work in.
- Increase your value as a qualified employee.
- Access great long-term career prospects.
- Benefit from financial help from the government.
Once you’ve been employed, you and your employer will choose a registered training organisation (RTO) to provide you with training.
You will find that most training providers have flexible, accredited training to suit your needs as well as your employer’s requirements.
The training can be conducted on-the-job, off-the-job or as a combination of both. School-based apprenticeships are also available if you are still studying at school.
Whether you’re looking for your first job or wanting to change career, a MAS professional can offer advice. We can help identify other options open to you and provide an impartial sounding board to check if you’re doing the right thing. Call MAS National on 1300 627 628.